Friday 10 October 2014

Jardin Du Luxembourg












This was technically day 1 of Rock En Seine (Friday, headline act Arctic Monkeys). What I love about this festival is the ability to have the morning free in Paris and then jump on a metro 30 minutes out to Parc Saint Cloud to enjoy great surroundings and music. We spent our morning walking to Jardin du Luxembourg, then through the Latin Quarter, to my favourite book shop in the world (Shakespeare and Co), around Notre Dame and across to Hotel de Ville! No wonder my feet were pounding at 2am in the morning! But this is the best thing about Paris, it is so easy to stroll around and find yourself and the cutest rue or by a historical monument you didn't realise you have ever seen. 

Shakespeare and Company will always hold a special place in my heart. It is just perfect and laced with so much history, to know you're sitting in a room where all the greats came to read and recite their works is such a huge thrill especially as I am an English literature graduate. 

I absolutely love this ASOS dress. Initially I picked this dress for my friend Lucy for our friend Tara's wedding but she ended up going with an equally lovely dress for the day (despite me constantly asking her about this one). So when I saw this on sale in June I knew it was meant to be. 

Equally I knew the dress would go perfectly with my Chloe boots! God I cannot believe I have had these for 4 years now! They still look like new! I just love them and obsessed with how comfortable they are. My key advice for a festival is always wear comfortable shoes, don't go with what goes with your outfit, festivals are mucky whether it's muddy or not! Ditch the wedges and open toe sandals!

I also have to say my Vintage Louis Vuitton Noe was an absolute life saver! It's one of the bags you really do not have to baby because it's there to be loved and it grows more prettier with every wear. Not only that it holds so much without it being a heavy bag to carry around all day. I am keen to add a Epi Noe (in a petite) to my bag collection. I love the rebirth of the Noe, did you know the Noe was made with the intentions of holding 5 champagne bottles, 4 upright and 1 upside down in the middle. No wonder me and this bag get a long so well.

Dress- Asos (Similar Here)
Sunglasses- Kenzo 
Denim Shirt- Primark (Similar here)
Boots- Chloe (Buy here)
Bag- Louis Vuitton Noe (Buy Here)
Bracelet- Valentino Rock Stud (Buy Here)

No comments:

Post a Comment