Wednesday 19 March 2014

Chanel Graffiti Sac à Dos.

Evening everyone,

As a lot of you know by now I am a Chanel Fanatic! It doesn't help that I am surrounded by it 24/7 but I guess that is just an excuse really ;) But I have recently been shoe obsessed so bags haven't really been on my radar...My last Chanel bag was a special one, a classic boy bag. I am big on classics. My whole collection is a pallet of red, beige and black with the odd electric blue. So when I saw the Chanel Graffiti Backpack pre runway in October 2013 for Spring Summer 14 I just knew boundaries had to be brake just like the collection to allow something so amazing...

 
 
Obviously from October to Now, March, is a long time to wait, but in true addictive manner I placed my name on a ever growing list with my beautiful girl Melissa at the end of December. This was one of those "You can't skip the queue" pieces! Wave goodbye to the thought of walking into Chanel and expecting it on the shop floor. The closest one will get to this bag (if not on the list with your sales assistant) is admiring A) A client trying on the backpack, B) On the Mannequin.
 
 
You can imagine the network of Chanel friends I have through out the UK stores, everyone was on standby for me and I finally got my call Monday to confirm I wanted it. Sadly I was stuck in meetings with my friend sending me photos of the one I wanted so she could keep it on hold until Tuesday afternoon.
 

 
My poor friend, looking back at the texts I bombarded her so much (good thing too, her colleagues tried to have it for their clients!) even i would be annoyed. But it was worth it. Monday night was a tense one with exciting anticipation. Come Tuesday (yesterday) I worked my little booty and ran to pick my bag up.

 
 
Obviously it was a no brainer. I know a lot of people will see it as a lot of money wasted on canvas but i genuinely think the value of this will exceed the price of what i pay. How many backpacks will come from a collection inspired by an art with an art exhibition runway?!
 
Bringing it home was fun...In a giant bag fit to make me look like I actually had looted a Chanel store, or a walking millionaire, I sat on the tube from Bond Street to Stratford pre rushour clutching onto it with my dear life! Don't worry guys she (yes it's a she) got home in one pieces and we waited patiently for Alan to come home to document my happiness!
 




 
I AM IN LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
 It was nice to document the arrival of a new Chanel in the family. I've been buying Chanel since I was 18 (younger if you count me buying with my mum and sister in London and Heathrow terminal 3 pre summer holidays to Pakistan.) but no one has ever captured my reactions. Every bag i buy and bring home gets the same rush of adrenaline...I am a junky!
 
Just look at the detailing...
 

 
Obsessed with the quilted back and Chanel Luggage tag.

 
 
I made the most of the camera being out- My Outfit of the day:
 
 
Leopard Shirt- Primark
Jeans- J Brand
Tweed Cardigan- Zara
Backpack- Louis Vuitton
All Black Leather Espadrilles- Chanel

 

 
Pendant- Chanel

 
Rings- Cartier Love, Dad's Signet ring.
Automatic Watch- Swatch.
Bracelet- Cartier Love Bracelet.
 
 
Here is a sneak peak of the backpack in action which will be coming soon on the blog...
 

I would love to hear what you guys think of the backpack and the trend at the moment. Are we feeling it?
 
 Thanks for reading guys.

Bisous

Nadia

 


1 comment:

  1. OMG! This is amazing, I saw one on ebay yesterday for £6,500! Need a lotto win for sure! xx

    ReplyDelete