Sunday 3 November 2013

Dior Fever

Evening all,

I hope everyone has enjoyed their weekend. I loved how Halloween fell on a Thursday which meant that Halloween was dragged out over 2 weekends! Alas I must admit I get more excited over bonfire night. I love the significance it has for us Brits (even if it's all about the fireworks now) and our politics, boring it may seem but It truly is something spectacular in history! I cannot wait to get my gloves on and go to a bonfire show in East London on Tuesday.



So my week was a lovely, short working week due to me being reunited with my love Doreen who came to stay with me which always equals trouble. So after being apart for a few months we had a lot of shopping and food to gorge on. We did good. From Knightsbridge to Bond street to Oxford circus! Byron, Hakkasan, Home made dinner (made by my lovely boyfriend), Chinese food in china town oh and lots of bubbles and macaroons! Yep I'm still full!!!!!



 

Food at Hakkasan 


My Dozza


Cocktails and Radioactive noodles.


What i Wore:
Sweater- Balenciaga
Collar- Cos
Skirt Faux Leather Pleated- Primark
Bag- Celine Trapeze 
Brogues- Chanel

So whilst me and Doreen were out on our shopping trip I suggested heading to Dior to have a little look at what Dior had to offer...bad bad mistake. I want everything. I met the perfect houndstooth slippers and matching Lady Dior bag (Marion Coltiard already has it arghhhh!). So Doreen bought the shoes and I am left sitting here Diorless and contemplating life without Dior houndstooth slippers.



To make things worse myself and Doreen were asked exclusively if we wanted to place orders for the limited edition holographic Lady Dior bag. The bag is perfection.




This all got me thinking about SS14 Dior and how Raf Simons has redefined Dior. I must admit I wasn't the biggest Dior fan during John Galliano's time. I loved certain aspects but for me there was something missing. That elegance, that polished cutting edge look. Galliano was edgy which the likes of Carrie Bradshaw welcomed, but Raf has filled this girly void for myself.  He seems to have brought the brand back to life, refreshing bags and shoes and making them as cutting edge as the couture and runway shows. A task many people thought would be daunting for Raf who came from such creative freedom at Jil Sander and had to work to a certain Dior cache.  As Raf embarked on his third ready-to-wear collection (SS14) it is clear Dior is confident with their new leader and allowing him to exaggerate his collections more and more. Why? Because we love it. The consumer market begs for the old to be the new.

Spring Summer 14 was set in the garden of Musee Rodin in a giant tent which was transformed into a beautiful garden and the weather was sunny and glorious to match (PFW was a very warm and sunny affair this season!)

The collection was as epic as the surroundings. Floral silk dresses with lots of pleats, high waisted black shorts, cuts to flatter curves, a colour pallet fit to outshine a rainbow, T-shirts over stretchy skirts, snake skin textures, racer back dresses, embellishment on the side of gowns finishing with beautiful gowns in metallic floral jacquard. My favourite aspect of the collection were the very cute sewn on houndstooth badges, the pleating on gowns that started at the top to the midriff and the incredibly beautiful reversed lantern skirts. Raf made it clear in this collection, Dior is a every woman brand. Focusing on Dior shapes and the modern silhouettes. Swoon.


























Close up 

















What do you guys think of the Raf take over of Dior, do you think he's made Dior more youthful? Should I get the houndstooth slippers?

Thanks for reading guys.

Lots of Love

Nadia.







3 comments:

  1. Nadia...I am just reading all your notes on this blog and asking myself a question why you are not also a VOUGE journalist or someone like that?! How many hidden talents do you hiding from us :D ?! :) I think Dior just benefited from ideas of Raf...I adore all those silk dresses...so I am gonna say Yes to the Dress hahaha ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving this blog and your style! If you ever feel like passing on the Balenciaga jumper, I can think of someone who would have it ;) Will definitely keep reading! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much :) so sweet of you to say, always love to read comments like this inspires me to write more :) X

      Delete