Saturday 19 October 2013

M.I.A for Versus

Evening guys,

I hope everyone is tucked up on the sofa enjoying some Strictly and avoiding the horrible weather tonight. Since coming back from Paris on Tuesday, I've enjoyed a really nice week at home in wales with my family but i am ready to head back to London and back to the boyfriend. There's only so much I can handle from my parents and 4 other siblings (love you guys!)

This week saw the release of one of the coolest collaborations for a while....My girl M.I.A for Versus! Eeeek! When i was in Paris and heard about this (from the lady herself too!) I squealed. I actually squealed. A lot of my friends will know my obsession with Mia, she's my idol. I love everything from her music, her rants to her style. She's the ultimate Asian babe.


This isn't Mia first venture into fashion, she has previously been a model for Alexander Wang and maintains a close relationship with him (she was also present at the SS14 Balenciaga show and performed at the after party), contributed to a whole soundtrack for Kenzo (AW13 Women's Runway Collection) and is regularly seen at Versace shows. So it was a no brainer this would eventually happen. The woman can do no wrong. 


With her fourth album due in November this collection was perfect timing for Mia and Versus (who had a great comeback with the JW Anderson collaboration and the new ethos of collaborating each season with someone new after the departure of Christopher Kane). 

The collection focuses on Versus copying the bootleg prints of Versace which are usually found in the market. It's a witty play on the counterfeit culture we live in. It's street, it's urban yet it's Versace chic. The collections ad campaign was shot in a market to emphasise the bootleg inspiration. 





Here is the collection...






I have ordered 2 pieces from the collection and cannot wait to report back to you all. Currently the collection is available from Browns and the Versus online store. 

This for me is definitely a winning collection, affordable, cool and captures MIA signature style and clearly sets itself apart from celebrity collaborations you currently see out. This collection has kept me happy but now i am ready for the Isabel Marant pour H&M. I would love to hear what you think of this collaboration. 

Thanks for reading guys

Nadia 

xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment